1. Choose the correct verbs to complete the sentences.
1) What do you usually do / are you usually doing at weekends?
2) Next time I’m seeing / I see Jenny, I’ll tell her I’ve seen you.
3 We’relearning/ We learn about space travel at school this week.
4) What time does the World Cup Final start / is the World Cup Final Starting tomorrow?
5 Does your aunt work / Is your aunt working in the centre of town?
6) brother is always using / always uses phone without asking. It’s really annoying!
7 Are you going / Do you go to Ted’s party on Saturday night?
1) do you usually do 2) I see 3) We’re learning
4) does the World Cup Final start 5) Does your aunt work
6) is always using 7) Are you going
2. Complete the sentences with will or going to and the verb in brackets.
1) Have you finished your tea? Pass me your cup and I ____________ (pour) you some more.
2) Don’t worry, we ____________ (phone) you as soon as we reach the campsite.
3) If it’s already half past six, we ____________ (miss) the start of the film.
4) It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a jacket with you. I ____________ (lend) you mine.
5) Max has worked hard, so I’m sure he ____________ (do) well in the exam.
6) I’ve decided that next weekend I ____________ (paint) room a different colour.
1) will pour 2) will phone 3) are going to miss
4) will lend 5) will do 6) am going to paint
3. Choose the correct answer (a or b) to complete the sentences.
1) Stefan is going camping
a next week.
b every summer.
2) Have you decided what time
a you’re going out?
b you go out?
3) Tom is always talking
a when the TV’s on!
4) Can you give this to Ben next time
a you’re seeing him?
b you see him?
5) I always
a cycle to school.
b am cycling to school.
6) Do you play basketball
a this Saturday?
b every Saturday?
1) a 2) a 3) a 4) b 5) a 6) b
4. Choose the correct verb (a-c) to complete the sentences.
1) ‘How often _________ running?’ ‘Twice a week, usually.’
a are you going
b do you go
c will you go
2) ‘Is the café open today?’ ‘Yes, but it _________ at all on Sundays.’
a isn’t opening
b doesn’t open
c won’t open
3) Don’t be late tomorrow – the bus _________ at nine o’clock.
a will leave
b is going to leave
4) Let’s go for another swim after we _________ this drink.
a are going to finish
c will finish
5) ___ anything interesting at the moment?
a Are you reading
b Will you read
c Are you going to read
6) You look cold. I _________ you hat to wear.
a ‘ll give
b ‘m giving
c ‘m going to give
7) I’m so excited! favourite singer _________ here is June.
b will play
c is playing
8) Be careful! That ladder isn’t safe – you _________!
a are falling
b are going to fall
1) b 2) b 3) c 4) b 5) a 6) a 7) c 8) b
5. Correct the underlined mistakes in the sentences. Use the correct present or future tense.
1) Una’s favourite food is Chinese, but I’m preferring Mexican.
2) The clouds in the distance are really black – there will be a storm.
3) The school term is going to end next Friday; I can’t wait!
4) Ellie is practising the guitar for an hour each day.
5) The sun’s just come out, so I think I’m going for a walk in the park.
6) When you’ll find out the final score, let me know.
7) sister has decided that she doesn’t eat chocolate until the end of this month.
8) Trains to London will leave here every half an hour.
1) I prefer 2) there’s going to be 3) ends 4) practises
5) I’ll go 6) you find out 7) isn’t going to eat 8) leave
6. Complete the email with the correct form of the verbs in brackets. There may be more than one possible answer.
How are you? I hope you 1) _____ (enjoy) the summer holidays. I haven’t done much so far, but aunt and uncle 2) _____ (come) next week. They 3) _____ (live) in Canada with cousins, so I 4) _____ (not see) them very often. They 5) _____ (stay) with us for a fortnight, which is great! We plan to take them sightseeing as soon as they 6) _____ (arrive). They haven’t been here before, but I know they 7) _____ (love) Austria. Let me know your news!
1) are enjoying 2) are coming 3) live 4) don’t see
5) are going to stay / staying 6) arrive 7) will love