1. Choose the correct options (a-c) to complete the text.
If you’re thinking of volunteering abroad , why not join us on one of our conservation trip to Costa Rica this year? We take care of all your travel arrangements, so as soon as 1) __ . , one of our group leaders will meet you at the airport. Then, once 2) __ . time to relax, and after 3) __ . everyone else in the group, we take you on the four-hour bus journey to the coast. You’ll be working in the Tortuguero National Park on one of our conservation projects – but when 4) __ . , there’s plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful beaches, and while 5) __ . here you could even learn a new language. We’re sure that by the time 6) __ . you'll have had an amazing experience!
1) a you’re arriving b you arrive c you’ll be arriving
2) a you’ve had b you’re having c you’ll be having
3) a you’ll have met b you’ve met c you’ll be meeting
4) a you don’t work b you aren’t working c you haven’t worked
5) a you’re staying b you’ll be staying c you’ll have stayed
6) a you’ll have left b you’ll be leaving c you leave
1) b 2) a 3) b 4) b 5) a 6) c
2. Complete the text with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
I can’t wait to see you – I can’t believe that by the time I 1) _______ (see) you, I 2) _______ (be) France for a month! As soon as you 3) _______ (arrive), we’ll plan where to go, but can you bring a sleeping bag in case we 4) _______ (decide) to go camping? Tomorrow, I 5) _______ (visit) cousins in Paris, so it’s a shame we’ll have to wait until Saturday to meet, but I should be there the minute your train 6) _______ (get) in. Just think: this time on Saturday, we 7) _______ (talk) to each other face to face! Lots of love until then.
1) see 2) ‘ll have been 3) ’ve arrived / arrive 4) decide
5) ’m visiting / ’ll be visiting 6) gets 7) ’ll be talking
3. Choose the best verb form to complete the first conditional sentences.
1) If they go to Amsterdam, they will have / they are having a great time.
2) If you’re buying a new outfit for the party, I get / I’m getting one too.
3) If you get out of school before me, wait / you’ll wait for me at the bus stop.
4) If we don’t hurry up, we won’t be finishing / won’t have finished this exercise by the end of the lesson.
5) If he gets good grades, brother goes / will go to university.
6) If this DVD’s any good, I’ll lend / have lent it to you.
1) they will have 2) I’m getting 3) wait
4) won’t have finished 5) will go 6) lend
4. Choose the answer that makes most sense. Sometimes both answers are possible.
1) I’ll let you know as soon as / in case I’ve booked ticket.
2) If it stays hot, the clothes will have dried the minute / by the time we leave.
3) parents will let me go camping on condition that / once I phone every day.
4 By the time / When she lands in New York, she’ll have been travelling for two days.
5 If / Unless you need anything, just ask at reception.
6) Take a book in case / on condition that you get bored on the flight.
1) as soon as 2) by the time 3) on condition that
4) By the time / When 5) If 6) in case
5. Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first.
1) I won’t take suncream unless you do.
If you don’t ________________ either.
2) It may rain later, so take an umbrella.
Take an umbrella in ________________
3) I’ll finish packing and then I’ll call a cab.
After ________________ call a cab.
4) You won’t hear from me again until I’m in London.
By ________________ me again, I’ll be in London.
5) He can’t go unless he finds his passport soon.
If ________________ soon, he won’t be able to go.
6) We can’t share a room if you snore!
We can share a room on condition ________________!
1) take suncream, I won’t 2) case it rains later
3) I’ve finished packing / I finish packing, I’ll
4) the time you hear from 5) he doesn’t find his passport
6) (that) you don’t snore
6. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1) I won’t go to the beach tomorrow if it ________ (rain)
2) Tony’s going to pack his bags before he ____________ to bed. (go)
3) I’ll be able to tell you what time I’m leaving once I ____________ the time of flight. (check)
4) We’ll be staying with aunt when we ____________ in Vancouver. (be)
5) Can you call me after you ____________ dinner? (have)
6) I’m not going to tell you about trip until I can see that you ____________ to me. (listen)
1) ’s raining / rains 2) goes 3) ’ve checked / check
4) are 5) ’ve had / have 6) ’re listening