1. Choose the correct relative pronoun. If both answers are correct, circle both.
1) A telesales operator is a person who / that sells things over the phone.
2) A studio is the place where / that an artist works.
3) A salary is the money which / that you earn in your job.
4) A bank clerk is the person who / that serves you in a bank.
5) A building site is a place where / that construction workers work.
6) Unskilled work is work which / that doesn’t require qualifications.
7) A waiter is a person whose / that job is to serve meals.
8) A fruit-picker is a person who / that works on a fruit farm.
1) who / that 2) where 3) which / that 4) who / that
5) where 6 which / that 7) whose 8) who / that
2. Complete the text with who, which, where or whose.
The fight attendant 1) _____ served us on the plane is a cousin of mine. She works for an airline 2) _____ operates between London and New York. She lives in New York in a flat 3) _____ she shares with two friends 4) _____ I have never met. The one 4) _____ room I usually stay in is often away. The bed 6) _____ I sleep in is always very comfortable! cousin has got a boyfriend 7) _____ job is very well-paid. I can’t remember the name of the company 8) _____ the works, but I’d quite like to work there self!
1) who 2) which 3) which 4) who
5) whose 6) which 7) whose 8 where
3. Some of the sentences are incorrect. Rewrite them correctly if necessary.
1) A supervisor is a person who is in charge of a team.
2) She’s the person who she deals with the public.
3) A rewarding job is one which you enjoy.
4) That’s the lowest salary where you can earn here.
5) A factory is a place where cars are made there.
6) She’s the flight attendant who husband is a pilot.
2) She’s the person who deals with the public.
4) That’s the lowest salary which you can earn here.
5) A factory is a place where cars are made.
6) She’s the flight attendant whose husband is a pilot.
4. Join the two sentences with a relative clause. Use the pronouns who, which, where or whose.
1) She’s the manager. She runs the office.
She’s the manager who runs the office.
2) That’s the man. His job is to do the paperwork.
3) That’s the office. They deal with the public there.
4) That’s the computer. I got it for birthday.
5) That’s the job. sister is applying for it.
6) That’s the girl. I borrowed her phone.
7) He’s the shop assistant. He served me.
8) A laboratory is a place. Scientists do experiments there.
2) That’s the man whose job is to do the paperwork.
3) That’s the office where they deal with the public.
4) That’s the computer which I got for birthday.
5) That’s the job which sister is applying for.
6) That’s the girl whose phone I borrowed.
7) He’s the shop assistant who served me.
8) A laboratory is a place where scientists do experiments.
Complete the sentences.
A receptionist is a person who ________ .
A uniform is something which ________ .
University is a place where ________ .
When I leave school, I want to get a job which ________ .