1. What have they done? Write sentences with these expressions. Listen and check.
1) She __has painted the room. ____
2) They ____________
3) He ____________
4) They ____________
5) She ____________
6) She ____________
2) have found gold
3) has caught a fish
4) have seen a ghost
5) has ﬂown in a plane
6) has bought a car
2. a Adam is from Hungary. He’s answering a questionnaire about using English. Listen and tick (✓) the correct column.
Do you ever use English outside school?
Have you ever done these things?
Name __Adam Varga________
1) see a Shakespeare play?
2) speak to someone from the USA or Britain?
3) write an e-mail in English?
4) visit Britain or the USA?
5) read an English magazine?
6) watch a film in English
b Write the questions and answers about Adam’s experiences.
1) Has Adam ever seen a Shakespeare play?
No, he hasn’t.
2) Yes 3) Yes 4) No
5) No 6) Yes
2) Has Adam ever spoken to someone from the USA or Britain? Yes, he has.
3) Has Adam ever written an e-mail in English? Yes, he has.
4) Has Adam ever visited Britain or the USA? No, he hasn’t.
5) Has Adam ever read an English magazine? No, he hasn’t.
6) Has Adam ever watched a film in English? Yes, he has.
Girl Hi. I want to find out how much students use English outside school. Can I ask you some questions?
Girl Have you ever seen a Shakespeare play?
Adam No, I haven’t.
Girl Have you ever spoken to someone from the USA or Britain?
Adam Yes, I have. I’ve spoken to a few people.
Girl What about e-mails? Have you ever written an e-mail in English?
Adam Yes, I’ve written lots of e-mails.
Girl Have you ever visited Britain or the USA?
Adam No, I haven’t. But I’m going to Britain next summer.
Girl What about magazines? Have you ever read an English magazine?
Adam No, I haven’t. I don’t read much in English.
Girl And films? Have you ever watched a film in English?
Adam Yes, I have. There are films in English on TV and I’ve watched DVDs.
Girl That’s all. Thank you.
3. Listen and tick (✓) the things the people talk about.
rubbish animals energy transport
a I saw a fantastic TV programme last night.
b What was it about?
a It was about rubbish in the oceans. It was terrible!
a Our oceans have become big rubbish dumps. And the rubbish kills animals.
a Well, plastic bags and other plastic things are very dangerous. Animals eat the plastic and then they die. I’m going to recycle everything I can now.
b I saw a TV programme about new forms of energy.
a Was it interesting?
b Yes. It was about sun and wind energy. It also talked about clean transport. I’ve asked dad to get an electric car.
a What did he say?
b He said they’re very expensive.