1. Put the words in the correct order to make sentences. Tick ✓ the sentences you agree with.
1) funniest / Jack Black / actor / is / in / the / Hollywood
Jack Black ________
2) school / at / English / subject / the / difficult / is / most
3) pizza / food / the / is / the / tastiest / world / in
4) is / the / the USA / exciting / most / country / world / the / in
The USA ________
5) are / Chelsea / world / in / best / team / football / the / the
6) worst / exams / about / thing / are / the / school
1) Jack Black is the funniest actor in Hollywood.
2) English is the most difficult subject at school.
3) Pizza is the tastiest food in the world.
4) The USA is the most exciting country in the world.
5) Chelsea are the best football team in the world.
6) Exams are the worst thing about school.
2. Make true sentences from the chart. Use the superlative form of the adjectives.
1) The Amazon
2) The Antarctic
7) Lionel Messi
8) Howler monkeys
animals in the world.
continent in the world.
planet from the sun.
river in the world.
footballer in the world (probably).
1) The Amazon is the widest
1) The Amazon is the widest river in the world.
2) The Antarctic is the coldest continent in the world.
3) Asia is the biggest continent in the world.
4) Chimps are the most intelligent animals in the world.
5) Neptune is the furthest planet from the sun.
6) Mosquitoes are the most dangerous animals in the world.
7) Lionel Messi is the best football player in the world (probably).
8) Howler monkeys are the noisiest animals in the world.
Write five true sentences. Use the superlative form of the adjectives in brackets.
1) (large) __________________
2) (hot) __________________
3) (fast) __________________
4) (expensive) __________________
5) (funny) __________________
3. Write questions using the prompts. Use the superlative form of the adjectives. Then write your own answers.
1) who / tall / person in your family?
Who is the tallest person in your family?
2) what / good / day of the week?
3) where / expensive / shop in town?
4) what / interesting / show on TV?
2) What is the best day of the week?
3) Where is the most expensive shop in town?
4) What is the most interesting show on TV?
Students’ own answers
4. Underline the mistakes. Rewrite the sentences correctly.
1) Killer whales are fast than sharks. ✗
2) Polar bears are the most largest predators on land. ✗
3) August is the most good month to climb Mount Fuji. ✗
4) Dogs are much uglyer than cats. ✗
5) Antarctica has the worse climate in the world. ✗
1) Killer whales are faster than sharks.
2) Polar bears are the most largest predators on land.
3) August is the best month to climb Mount Fuji.
4) Dogs are much uglier than cats.
5) Antarctica has the worst climate in the world.
5. Complete the email. Use the comparative and superlative forms of the adjectives in brackets.
I’m really looking forward to your visit next month. August is definitely 1) _____ (good) month to come. Are you flying to Heathrow Airport or Gatwick Airport? Gatwick is 2) _____ (far) from house than Heathrow, but I can come and meet you. We can get the train or the bus to house. The train is 3) _____ (fast) than the bus, but it’s 4) _____ (expensive).
I went to London Zoo last weekend. It isn’t 5) _____ (big) zoo in the UK, but it’s 6) _____ (old) and probably 7) _____ (famous) too. It wasn’t first visit. When I was 8) _____ (young), I went with parents. But it’s very different now. It’s 9) _____ (modern) – and the animals look 10) _____ (happy) too! For me, 11) _____ (interesting) animals were the giant spiders. They’re 12) _____ (large) than hand!
Email me soon!
1) the best 2) further 3) faster 4) more expensive
5) the biggest 6) the oldest 7) the most famous
8) younger 9) more modern 10) happier
11) the most interesting 12) larger